This paper plate snow globe craft is so much fun for kids to play with. The winter theme makes it an excellent winter craft. Today’s project is super easy… and I’m including a free printable template to help get you started! Check it out below!
(Printing instruction: You can print out the template on white craft paper and cut out the pieces. They can be customized according to the size of the plate.)
Scissors, Glue & Blue acrylic paint, black sharpie. Parents can use hot glue or regular Elmer’s glue works too.
* I participate in the Amazon Affiliate program, which means I receive a small commission when products are purchased through links posted on my videos. There is NO additional cost to you.
Direction: How to make a paper plate snowglobe craft step by step:
- Take a paper plate and paint the top of the plate a blue color for the sky. Let the paint dry.
- Download and print the Penguin Printable Template. Attach the cutouts to the lower middle portion of the paper plate using glue. Children can even cut out a photograph of themselves to make the snow globe look like they are inside the globe.
- Sprinkle a small handful of styrofoam balls in the middle of the plate. Be sure to clear the outer edges of the plate of any snow because this is where the clear acetate sheet needs to be attached!
- Using Elmer’s glue or hot glue, place the clear sheet on top of the light blue plate. Make sure every edge of the plate is glued down to prevent any snow from coming out. Let it dry. On top of the clear sheet, you could also add the rim of another plate.
- Shake the paper plate snow globe to see how it works! When the glue is dry, kids will enjoy shaking, and turning their snow globe!
Ready to make this one? It’s super easy (and if you have kids of different ages, you can try making different characters), Also, Try this Snowman Snow globe.